PARENT & TOT LEARN TO SKATE PROGRAM
posted Sep 22, 2015, 8:52 PM
Parent & Tot Learn To Skate Program is a Pre-School fun program for skaters 3-4 years of age, with a parent accompanying the kid on the ice. Note that this is not a learn to skate program for the parent. The parent should be able to comfortably skate forward and backward, and stop unassisted.
This program is designed to learn basic skating skills such as forward skating, backward skating, stop, sitting down & getting up. These skills are taught through fun and games for the beginner skater whether for recreation, hockey, ringette or speed skating. Lessons are taught in a group format by NCCP Certified Professional Coaches with the assistance of carefully trained Program Assistants. Awards and incentives are used to motivate beginner skaters to achieve and develop their skills.
Skates and helmets are mandatory for both parent and child.
- Parent & Tot Fall 1 - Saturdays Oct 17 - Nov 14, 3:15-4:00pm at Vivo
- Parent & Tot Fall 2 - Saturdays Nov 21 - Dec 19, 3:15-4:00pm at Vivo
- Parent & Tot Winter 1 - Saturdays Jan 9 - Feb 6, 3:15-4:00pm at Vivo
- Parent & Tot Winter 2 - Saturdays Feb 20 - Mar 19, 3:15-4:00pm at Vivo
Important Information on Registering in Parent and Tot CanSkate Program
When registering the Parent and Tot Canskate Program, please register the Parent first, then the child:
- Register "Parent & Tot CanSkate ... - PARENT" program.
- If the Parent's name is not in the Participant dropdown, select "Add Child" from the list. Add the Parent information in the "Add a New Participant" screen and click the "Add Participant" button.
- Select the Parent from the dropdown to complete the PARENT program
- Now click "Register for More Programs" button to add the TOT program
- Register "Parent & Tot CanSkate ... - TOT" program. Select the child from the dropdown and click "CHOOSE PARTICIPANT" button.
- Now you can complete the registration by clicking "Confirm & Register"
NEW PROGRAM OFFERED THIS SEASON
posted Sep 15, 2015, 7:24 PM
We are offering Pre-PowerSkate program this fall and winter for hockey players playing in Timbits and Novice levels, usually between the ages of 5 and 8. Our first 5 weeks Pre-PowerSkate program starts on Saturday Oct 17 4:00pm at Vivo (Cardel Place). Online registration begins now.
Full hockey equipment is recommended, with CSA approved hockey helmet being mandatory. No hockey stick is allowed.
- Pre-PowerSkate Fall 1 - Saturdays Oct 17 to Nov 14, 4:00-4:45pm at Vivo
- Pre-PowerSkate Fall 2 - Saturdays Nov 21 to Dec 19, 4:00-4:45pm at Vivo
- Pre-PowerSkate Winter 1 - Saturdays Jan 9 to Feb 6, 4:00-4:45pm at Vivo
- Pre-PowerSkate Winter 2 - Saturdays Feb 20 to Mar 19, 4:00-4:45pm at Vivo
Pre-PowerSkate is part of Skate Canada's CanPowerSkate program. It is designed for young skaters who can stand up on skates and move forward (shuffle, walk or glide) who may not be ready for CanPowerSkate Level 1. Pre-PowerSkate helps develop basic skating abilities in a power skating-specific environment, including balance skills, forward and backward skating, stopping, turning and agility skills.
CanPowerSkate is the only nationally regulated power skating program in Canada. It was developed by a team of hockey, figure skating and ringette experts to teach the fundamentals of power skating in a progressive and sequential manner.